The redevelopment of St Joseph’s Mansions comprised reconfiguration and upgrading of existing apartments to give 51 social housing units and 50 sheltered housing units. In addition, the scheme provided a Community Hall, Recreational Facilities, Enterprise Units, Shops and Offices. Prior to the works, St Joseph’s Mansions endured considerable anti-social problems.
Cluid Housing Association
Anthony Reddy & Associates
Bruce Shaw Partnership Surveyor’s Division
- Construction of new stairs and external walls so that all circulation areas were internal
- Construction of 8 new lift shafts to allow full disabled access
- New roof finishes
- Apartment layouts altered to provide modern bathrooms and kitchens
- New electrical and mechanical installations
- All windows and internal joinery were replaced
- The courtyard was landscaped with a playground and all-weather football pitch
The project was awarded the “Inaugural Community Housing Award” in 2003.