Bracegrade Project: Shangan Neighbourhood Centre
Project Type: Residential
The project consisted of the construction of 30 apartments (2,400m2), four retail units (1,100m2), a forum office, ESB Substation and Shangan Nursery (330m2).
The site was located on a bus turning circle and green area at Shangan Road. The turning circle was relocated and the road re-aligned allowing us to determine the site and then progress with the construction of the buildings.
Work comprised of the following:
- Relocation of bus turning circle
- Road realignment
- Construction of 30 apartments (2,400m2)
- Construction of four retail units (1,100m2)
- Construction of a forum office
- Construction of Shangan Nursery (330m2)
- Structure of the nursery was timber framed construction with rendered block outer leaf, metal roofing and alu-clad timber windows.
- Design and enforcement of all traffic management
- Detailed external Landscaping as part of the overall Ballymun regeneration program.
- The building was predominantly 3 storey with a 4 storey frontispiece.
- The construction was traditional construction with loadbearing blockwork from first floor up. The structure below was insitu concrete.
- Floors are insitu concrete/ precast slab
- Roof is flat PC roof with a water proof membrane
- External walls above ground floor are predominantly block cavity wall construction with integral colour render.
- Windows are alu clad timber windows
- Internal walls are stud partitions
- Electric night storage heating
- Fitted kitchens
- Framed guardings to balconies
- Secure carparking to rear
Bracegrade Limited performed the role of Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS).
Bracegrade Ltd - Why choose us?
Our strong reputation over the last 30 years.
Our collaborative and proactive approach to meeting our client’s needs on every project.
Our consistent delivery across many successful projects.