Bracegrade Project: Sillogue
Project Type: SHELTERED HOUSING
This project involved the construction of 3,283m2 of residential property and 1,290m2 of retail and communal property. The work included the construction of 41 self contained apartments, two houses, communal facilities (administration offices, reception room, toilet facilities, laundry and catering kitchen), forum offices and nurses station at Sillogue Road Ballymun for Cluid Housing Association.
The site was located in Ballymun and was originally a green area beside existing flats. This green area contained numerous underground services and utilities such as active drainage, public sewage, gas mains, buried ESB electric cables, Eircom cables, and high pressure water mains, many of these services were undocumented. Before any construction could commence it was necessary to redirect all of these services and utilities. As well as utilities it was necessary to organise the relocation of a Dublin bus stop which interfered with the site.
- Residential floor area 3283m2
- Retail and communal facilities floor area 1290m2
- Large scale clearing of existing underground utilities from the site prior to commencing any construction activities. Utilities were involved in the redirection of, DCC public drainage, Bord Gais mains, ESB high voltage electric mains, Eircom and high pressure water mains to supply the adjacent tower blocks in Ballymun.
- Construction and realignment of public road in vicinity of the site.
- The project was adjacent to a large senior citizens development and ultimately linked into it. Through constant liaison with these residents, inconvenience to them was kept to a minimum.
- Installation of an ESB substation and ancillary works
- Numerous different types of external finishes – standard block render/ brick, timber sheeting, Peli Color rainscreen cladding and aluminium panels. All flashing and weathering details where one finish abutted another or at windows and doors were arranged on site by Bracegrade Ltd.in conjunction with the design team.
- Galvanised balcony to each unit connected using Schock Isokorb connections to prevent thermal bridging
- Aluminium clad timber windows
- Internal finishes were of a high standard with floor coverings included in shower areas (no trays). All shower areas were tanked with a fibreglass tanking which was site applied before tiling, decoration and vinyl floor covering was applied
- Individual heating systems to apartments
Bracegrade Limited performed the role of Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS).
Bracegrade Ltd - Why choose us?
Our strong reputation over the last 30 years.
Our collaborative and proactive approach to meeting our client’s needs on every project.
Our consistent delivery across many successful projects.